With mail-in ballots circulating, here are some important reminders ahead of the November General Election this year:
Dates & Locations
November 3rd 2020/ Polls open 10:00am-7:00pm
Statewide Vote by Mail
or at The Grange Hall (57 Main Street Montgomery Center)
Vote by Mail heavily encouraged this year due to Covid-19. Please exercise your right to vote while doing so safely
All active registered voters in Montgomery will receive their ballot in the mail from the Secretary of State’s office. The ballots have begun to mail as of yesterday 9/21/2020.
How to Vote Early & Absentee
Here’s what to do:
- Vote your ballot by following the instructions for making selections.
- Fill out the front of the Certificate Envelope included.
- SIGN the Certificate Envelope. You MUST SIGN or your vote will not count.
- Place the Voted Ballot inside the Certificate Envelope and SEAL IT.
- Mail your sealed voted ballot back to us using the prepaid mailing envelope provided. . .
- . . . OR return your voted ballot in person to the Town Offices, drop it off using our outdoor drop-box, or return it on Election Day before the polls close at 7pm.
Frequently Asked Questions:
I have moved or my mailing address has changed, what do I do?
If you have recently moved to Montgomery or have a new mailing address please contact our offices to update your information and we will mail your absentee ballot to you, contact us immediately—please do not wait until the last minute to do this!
If I lose my ballot or I didn’t register beforehand can I still vote?
YES, there will still legally be a polling location open on November 3rd 2020 from 10:00am-7:00pm held at the Grange Hall. This is to ensure any folks who need to register or have lost their absentee ballot can still actively vote.
Social distancing and the use of masks/facial coverings will be encouraged when inside the building.
How is my absentee ballot counted?
All ballots whether voted early or on the day of are deposited into the same Ballot Box.
When voting early/absentee upon returning your certificate envelope back to us your absentee request will be checked into our system as received. On Election Day your ballot will be removed from the envelope and deposited into the Ballot Box mixing with all the other ballots throughout the day, this is to ensure anonymity, then ballots are hand counted at the end of the night.