2021 Special Election Results & Updates

  • Permit Notice

    A decision has been issued by the Zoning Administrator for the following permits on 6-20-24: Pratt & Wendel

  • Hearing Notice – DRB

    Notice of Public Hearing Soule-6-27-24

  • Permit Notice

    A decision has been issued by the Zoning Administrator for the following permits Hill

Election Results

Official results have been issued by the Secretary of State.

Election Information

A special election vote was held on Monday, May 24th, 2021.

Warnings, Agendas, etc.

Informational Hearings
The Selectboard will hold (2) public informational hearings: One in-person and one remotely via Zoom.

  • Meeting #1: Saturday, May 15 at 10am
    Participants are advised that the meeting will be conducted in accordance with the municipal re-opening guidance:
    • How: In-Person
    • Where: Rec Center Pavilion (Directions)
    • When: Saturday, May 15 at 10am
  • Meeting #2: Thursday, May 20 at 6:30pm
    • How: Remotely via Zoom
    • When: Thursday, May 20 at 6:30pm

Questions & Answers

Why is this special election being held, and what are we voting on?
After receiving two valid petitions relating to articles, previously voted on at Town Meeting Day this past March, the board has set a date to hold a Special Election for the reconsideration of:

  • Article 6 – Tax Assessment (Sewer Reserve)
  • Article 9 – ATV Amendment

Official Warning/Notices will be posted 30 days prior to Election day. By April 24th notices will be posted physically at the Town Offices, Center, & Village Post Offices.

Notices will also be available electronically on our Town Website, Facebook, and Front Porch Forum and published in the St Albans Messenger.

Voting Early / Absentee

I’m a registered Montgomery voter: How can I vote?
In-Person on Election Day: Arrive at the Town Hall (directions) between 10:00am – 7:00pm to vote and cast your ballot. Masks and social distancing procedures will still be in effect.

I will be out of town OR I am unable to come in person that day: How can I vote?
Early/Absentee ballots will be available starting May 4th, 2021*.

Option 1:
Request your ballot be mailed to your residence via phone, email, or using My Voter Page.

  • If you requested an early/absentee ballot for Town Meeting, you do not need to submit a new request, by law we must automatically send you a ballot for this Special Election.
  • If you DID NOT request an early/absentee ballot for Town Meeting, but would like to for this Election, you DO need to make a request.

Option 2:
Vote early at the Town Office.

  • First day available May 4th.
  • Last day available May 21st.
  • You may vote in the office or take the ballot home. Please note you may only legally take your own ballot—however you may request that a ballot be mailed to your family member(s).

Returning Ballots:
Ballots can be returned to the Town Offices in person (starting May 4th), submitted to the office drop-box, mailed via USPS, or handed in directly to an Election Official on election day up until 7:00pm.

*Note: If you plan to vote Early/Absentee, your ballot will be processed on Election Day by two Election Officials like all other absentee ballots under regular Election Procedures (the November General Election was given exception due to COVID-19 outbreaks and Statewide mail in procedures).

Your ballot will be checked-in, removed from the certificate envelope, and submitted into the ballot box with all other ballots to ensure anonymity.

No Person Shall:

1) Vote more than once per election, either in the same town or in different towns.
2) Mislead the board of civil authority about your own or another person’s true residency or other eligibility vote.
3) Hinder or impede a voter going into or from the polling place.
4) Socialize in a manner that could disturb other voters in the polling place.
5) Offer bribe, threaten, or exercise undue influence to dictate or control the vote of another person.

For help or information: Call the Secretary of State’s Office at 1-800-439-VOTE(439-8683), accessible by TDD.

If you believe that any of your voting rights of been violated, you may file an Administrative Complain with the Secretary of State’s Office, 128 State Street, Montpelier, VT 05633.

If you believe you have witnessed efforts to commit any kind of fraud or corruption in the voting process, you may report this to your local United States Attorney’s Office. If you have witnessed acts of discrimination or intimidation in the voting process, you may report this to the Civil Rights Division of the United States Department of Justice at (800) 253-3931.


If you have questions about voting, please contact the Municipal Clerk’s office at 802-326-4719.