Municipal Planning Resources

No notices are active

Sign up for email updates to receive future alerts.

Planning & Land Management

Grants & Programs

  • ANR Drinking Water State Revolving Loan Planning Fund – A State Revolving Loan to assist in the planning and design of public, private and nonprofit community water, wastewater and stormwater systems. Contact Ashley Lucht ( / 802-585-4904).
  • Agency of Commerce & Community Development– The Agency of Commerce and Community Development (ACCD) encompasses three major state departments and many programs that serve the Vermont public by enhancing the Vermont business climate, marketing Vermont to tourists and others, and strengthening our communities in a wide variety of ways.
  • USDA Rural Development Programs – The USDA offers federal support for towns and villages through a variety of loan and grant programs aimed at enhancing rural quality of life through investing in housing, essential community facilities, municipal infrastructure, and economic development. Contact Ben Doyle ( / 802-828-6042).
  • VTrans Park & Ride Grant Program – Supports the engineering and construction of small municipal owned park and ride facilities to reduce the number of single occupancy vehicles on the roadway. Contact Wayne Davis ( / 802-828-5609).
  • Better Connections Planning Grant Program – ACCD/VTrans planning grant program that we discussed for village revitalization/economic development plans.
  • Cultural Facilities Grants – Grants to help enhance, create, or expand the capacity of an existing building to provide cultural activities for the public.
  • Historic Preservation Grants – The most likely grant program to help the town hall, town offices, the church and other public/nonprofit buildings in the community.
  • Municipal Planning Grants – A grant program to support planning in your village.  Good for town plans and zoning bylaws. Also, would be good fit for a village center revitalization plan that that focuses on improving the physical and economic environment in the village. Or even a infrastructure study on a community wastewater (sewer) alternative system.
  • Northern Border Regional Commission Grants – Grants to improve economic and community development projects. Possible could support community infrastructure projects, such as wastewater.