Notice of Public Meeting: Monday October 16th 2023 @ 6pm
Meeting Location: 57 Main Street, Town Hall (f/k/a Grange Hall)
The Montgomery Selectboard will be holding a Public Informational to review and take comments on the latest iteration of Streetscape Improvement Plans for Main Street in Montgomery Center. The meeting is open to all who wish to attend! Those who cannot attend are welcome to submit comments in writing in advance of the meeting date, please send written submissions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Background: The board has been working with engineers at Hoyle Tanner and Associates, as well as project managers and permitting specialists at VTrans, to refine the preliminary Streetscape Improvement plans presented to the community in 2020. The scope of improvements has been greatly reduced since that time, and currently includes the following:
- Replacement of existing sidewalk infrastructure along Main Street, following current footprint of existing sidewalks
- Installation of mid-block crosswalks in two locations
- Marking of Bike Lanes along Main Street
- Extension of sidewalks along the north side of Main Street to the Montgomery Rec Center to provide continuous pedestrian travel between the Recreation Center and the rest of Main Street
- Installation of additional off-street parking at the Montgomery Recreation Center
The proposed scope of work will not alter the intersection of Routes 242 and 118, or add/change any infrastructure on Main Street east of the Town Hall (Grange). The proposed scope of work does not include any new designated off-street parking on Main Street as this would require the town to take ownership of Main Street as a Class I Town Highway, which the board has declined to do at this time.
Click the link below to view the proposed set of plans outlining the new/replacement sidewalk infrastructure, locations of crosswalks, and off-street parking at the Recreation Center.